1. When did you start to become a fan of horror and why?
My first taste of horror probably started at around 11 years old. I’d stay up late watching Hammer Horror movies on TV. Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing were my heroes. Lee’s portrayal of Dracula was terrifying without even saying a word. I was hooked after that.
2. How did you get into art and are you self taught or did you go to school?
I’m a self taught artist. Something just clicked with drawing from an early age. I quit drawing for almost 15 years. The last 3 or 4 years there was a desire to pick up the pencil and see if I still had it in me.
3. You create numerous works of horror, what’s your favourite medium and materials to use?
Markers are great for creating something in a hurry. My favourite medium is to draw with Prismacolor pencils on black paper. Working on highlights instead of shadows forces you to approach something from a different angle. It’s great for drawing horror and setting the right tone.
4. Who is your favourite character to use?
Favourite character is probably Michael Myers. I draw him every Halloween, followed by Jason. Both are really easy to draw and everyone recognises them.
5. What’s your favourite piece of work that you have created?
At the moment my favourite drawing is my version of Rob Zombie’s movie 31 poster. I drew his wife Sherri Moon Zombie in ink and red pencil. She saw it on Instagram and liked it which was really cool.
6. Have you got any upcoming exhibitions coming up?
No exhibitions but would love to have one in the future.
7. What are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on a Deathtrooper drawing from the new Star Wars movie Rogue One. It’s a lot of detail using ink, pencils and markers.
8. What’s your favourite scary movie?
My favourite horror movie will always be Halloween. I love the soundtrack, the theme tune just sticks in your head and adds to the tension. I always watch Halloween and Halloween 2 together. I class them as one long movie. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a close second favourite
If you are interested in purchasing any of Dan Hibberts work you can email him at email@example.com or follow him on instagram HERE